How to eject CD while installing XP?

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I am installing Windows XP, but I got stucked in the Product Key part because the Cd Key is printed at the CD. And I a not able to eject the CD. What can I do?

Thanks,

Roco.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
You can make it eject by holding down the mouse button while the machine is powering on. I can't think of a way to eject it without at least doing that.

tipdrill407

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
yep, juz hold down the mouse button while powering up the computer, there's no way to eject the cd during the installation.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
Roco said:
I am installing Windows XP, but I got stucked in the Product Key part because the Cd Key is printed at the CD. And I a not able to eject the CD. What can I do?

Thanks,

Roco.
Write the CD key on a seperate sheet of paper. There is no way to eject the CD except for hitting the button on the actual drive.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Thanks for the quick responses.....would there be any problem by starting again bootcamp? I mean, could I have damaged any files or something if I quit the installation?

Thnaks,

Roco

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Roco said:

Thanks,

Roco.
Ummm... the cd key is never printed on the key. Unless you have a pirate copy...

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Laslo Panaflex said:
Write the CD key on a seperate sheet of paper. There is no way to eject the CD except for hitting the button on the actual drive.
Yes, that's what I am going to do:) . The problems is that I didn't knew the CD Key was printed in the CD.

I borrow it from my Uni, so they have like an special version. It's different. I don't like it.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
TBi said:
Ummm... the cd key is never printed on the key. Unless you have a pirate copy...
I swear it is not pirate.....I wouldn't do that. It from college. I have talked to them and they have just told me that what is printed there is a key that you enter at a web page of the college. And then they give you the key. I've missed that part.