how to eliminate the get-answers-fast.com redirect

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by inscrewtable, Sep 28, 2011.

1. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

I have suddenly been getting this mysterious redirect and upon searching the net I can only find posts relating to windows pc's.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

You're only getting results relating to Windows because, so far as I can find or have ever heard, it is based on a system-level malicious modification that is only compatible with Windows (either registry mods, .exe infections, or .dlls).

If you're getting redirected to that website on a Mac, what is the exact setup: OS version, type of network, browser, and when do you get redirected? Does using a different browser make any difference? What about logging in as another user on the same Mac (create a new temporary user if you have only one)?

3. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

Thanks for the reply. I'm on a Mac which is why it's a bit of a concern. G5 OSX 10.5.8 it's happening both on safari and firefox but only on demonoid and has only started in the past few days. It has been brought up on the demonoid forums as possibly something on their servers but they don't seem to think so.

Edit: there has been a few more posts about it on demonoid and therefore it does actually appear to be a problem on their side. Although they have not acknowledged this yet.