How to email photos that have a file name?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macshroomer, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

So I want to send photos out to clients that have the correct file name when they were placed in the synced folder, such as "Winter.2.11.11.jpg" instead of the very much useless "Photo.jpg".

What is needed in order to do this?

2. Macshroomer thread starter macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

You can't do a simple file rename on the iPad what you'd have to do is open it in some paint/draw app and then resave it and try to change the file name that way... Come to think of it, I don't think you can change the file name that way either...

4. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

You can use Goodreader to open the photo and change the filename, then send it from inside the app and it will use that filename.

I don't know if it will use the name that you synced it with when it imports though, unfortunately.

5. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

The original computer you are syncing with.

6. Macshroomer thread starter macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

Change the filename?

With wanting over 2,000 stock photos on the iPad, I won't know what that is if the upload is stripped of that. I noticed when I import to Goodreader, there is no file name either, it just starts to assign useless numerical ones.

As cool as this device is to use, the level that it is handicapped in actual functionality is unbelievable. After a week of my wife and I using it, I think we might just return it or sell, it is really turning out to be useless to us.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You could sync those photos directly to Goodreader and it should keep the file name.

8. BrennerM macrumors regular

+1. I think this is the best option, add the photos to Goodreader directly through iTunes.

IMO the "Photos" app on the iPad definitely needs an overhaul to better organize and manage photos and their attributes.

9. Macshroomer thread starter macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

If I sync with goodreader out of iTunes, will the images be viewable in the photo app then?

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

No. But they'll be viewable via Goodreader.

Unless you just want to store low-res versions of the photos in the Photos.app and high-res versions for mailing in Goodreader. Dunno.

11. Macshroomer thread starter macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

So I think we are going return this tomorrow if we can't be at least a little functional on what seems to be an overpriced stand alone Safari browser / family vacation happy snap viewer.

To put it in perspective, it was *much* easier to send a photo with a file name to a newsdesk in 1994 using a Poerbook 150 and 14,400K modem than it is with a 2011, dual core 1ghz, 512mb toyPad.

12. caubeck macrumors 6502

In iTunes go to iPad then to Apps. Scroll down to see which apps can be loaded into directly. Choose GoodReader or Readdle or Filer or whatever you have. Press Add, select your stuff and transfer. Name remains unchanged, and you can change them. Open the images in the photos app.

Also, can't you just go to My PC, iPad, Explore, and paste your images in directly? I know I can take them out that way because the option comes up every time I connect the iPad.