How to "enable CSS" on Safari

boulette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
The Wells Fargo online banking website has been having all kinds of issues on my computer. The images aren't loading and it is essentially just a white background with Times New Roman black text all over. It says, "For optimal viewing of the Wells Fargo Web site, we recommend that you enable CSS."

How do I do this? I looked online but didn't see anything.

Macbook Pro, OS X Version 10.9.4
Safari Version 7.0.6

Thank you!

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
All websites use CSS. So if this problem isn't happening on all sites then it's just a weird issue on the WF site. Close your WF tab and reload it.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, is a file, or set of files, used by the web server (server side) to format the display of web content. Most modern browsers are compatible with CSS, so there is nothing to do on your end (client side). As GimmeSlack12 mentioned, if this only happens on one or two websites, then the problem is most likely on the server end rather than your web browser.

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London
Do you have ad-blocker enabled in Safari? If so, disable it, or whitelist the WF website.

I've just tested the site in both Safari 8.0.7 (10600.7.7) and Chrome 45.0.2414.0 dev. It doesn't load properly with ad-blocking enabled, but is fine without.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.