How to enable MMS after Opt out is cleared??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raphy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Raphy macrumors member

I had some issues this weekend that i was unaware of, i just thought it was unusually uneventful. NO one was responding to my texts since friday night. Anyway i asked my sister and g/f since they are both on my shared plan (sis is in college and can't afford a plan by herself with the iphone) and both said they hadn't received any texts from me and no one has responded to theirs. Long story short i logged onto my account on att.com and for whatever reason our texting plan was disabled. i quickly enabled it and it warned me that enabling the family plan removes the "MMS opt out" feature. So this is clearly a win win, but that brings me to the question...how do i now setup MMS on my iphone (its the 3gs mind you)?

2. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

You can try this [link], but there are no guarantees it'll work even with the opt-out removed (I'm on the family messaging plan and haven't had any luck).

3. Raphy thread starter macrumors member

That is insanely complicated and plus i don't have an extra phone and sim card to use. I guess i'm outta luck

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are numerous threads about doing this, so I'd suggest looking there. Whether you'll still be able to get MMS after doing any of the methods is a crap shoot.