How to enable trackpad momentum scrolling?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Qusus, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Qusus macrumors member

I was playing around with the newest Mac's today at a Best Buy and noticed that they have a feature called "momentum scrolling" under their trackpad preferences.

I have the older 13 inch Macbook Pro's with the glass trackpad, and it appears that feature is not there in system preferences. However, I can't imagine that the slightly older trackpads are not capable of momentum scrolling in Snow Leopard.

Does anyone know of a way to enable momentum scrolling for the previous gen Macbook Pro?

2. TheAssman macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, inertial scrolling will not work for people like us who have older macbooks :(

Personally, I use http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/34010/avescroller . This small piece of software enables inertial scrolling which is nearly identical to the scrolling on the new macbooks.

3. reubs macrumors 68000

Are there major hardware differences that make this impossible, or is this simply something they're keeping out as an incentive to folks who just HAVE to get the latest tech? This seems like a simple software/firmware issue, but I guess it's really not.