How to end static cause by Iphone next to speaker...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gcmexico, Dec 22, 2007.

1. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

When you put your iphone to charge next to a speaker or the Imac it causes static because the fon is constantly connecting to the cell tower...I few days ago I bought a small usb hub, and connected the iphone charger to that first, then the hub to the Imac...static is now all gone!!! I can even receive calls or make calls with no static...maybe someone figured this out already...but I just wanted to pass it along:)

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

are you talking about that morse code beeping kinda static? I get that sometimes when I'm around speakers :p

3. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I just laugh it off now...the first time I heard, I thought my speakers in my car were dying!:D

4. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

I think it's because of the ATT wireless signal. As far as I know the only surefire way to stop the interference is to put your iPhone into airplane mode.

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

lol.... I mean first time I heard it I was irked, but now every time I hear it I laugh because it feels like radiation and gamma rays are going through my brain. mmmmm cancer.

6. PupnTaco macrumors regular

PupnTaco

That's your standard GSM interference, most cell phones do that unfortunately. I don't know of a good way around it other than to isolate the phone from whatever's picking up the interference.

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Just moving the radiation source away from the affected system will decrease it's effects. The energy density is an inverse square when moving away - so a little distance makes a big improvement.

That's just GSM for ya. CDMA doesn't really do it - actually, it never happened to me with a CDMA phone before.

Perhaps this will make you appreciate the airlines request to shut off your cells when flying. ;)