How to Erase and Restore rMPB?

EricSjos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
So I just sold my rMPB and I need to erase all my files and restore it to factory settings.

Is it possible to erase everything and then load it with a fresh version of ML?

How do I go about doing this? Also I do not have a CD drive because the rMPB doesn't have one, obviously.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
And that will erase all my data and make it safe for selling?
In Disk Utility there are multiple options with different levels of security for you to choose. Pick the one you think you need, but yes, once you erase and restore, that should make it safe for selling.

EricSjos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
In Disk Utility there are multiple options with different levels of security for you to choose. Pick the one you think you need, but yes, once you erase and restore, that should make it safe for selling.
Alright, thanks for the help. Was just worried if I did something like that, it would ask me to insert a CD to re install the OS.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
Poole, England
Secure erase does not work with a SSD from disk utility.

Note: With OS X Lion and an SSD drive, Secure Erase and Erasing Free Space are not available in Disk Utility. These options are not needed for an SSD drive because a standard erase makes it difficult to recover data from an SSD. For more security, consider turning on FileVault 2 encryption when you start using the SSD drive.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3680