How to exchange products?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by poozer115, Sep 23, 2009.

1. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

I bought a macbook pro about 3-4 months ago. I posted before with problems, though it's getting much worse. Initially the "return" key stuck pretty badly. I brought it into the genius bar and they claimed they didn't feel it (it's very very obvious, they clearly just didn't want to deal with it).

Anyways, a month after that the computer began rattling. Ever once in a while it would make a prolonged and negative sound. When I pick it up nowdays it sometimes makes a suspicious sound as though something is moving freely inside.

And finally, another month later and two hours ago, the battery failed. It now only runs when plugged into the adapter, and its status is "service battery" in the little icon thing.

At this point I really feel the computer should be traded out; too much is going wrong for a mere fix (and the genius bar has been very stubborn with me in terms of admitting problems). So, symptoms in mind, do you think I should be able to trade in my mac, and how would I go about doing this? Thanks!

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

You can't trade in your mac for better one. Apple has no such policy. You'll have to sell it on your own first.

They'll replace the battery - it's under warranty.

If your mac is making noise while moving it AND it's still on you are hearing the motion sensor kick in to protect the hard drive. If there's a screw loose inside then this will be demonstrable to any Genius facility and they'll fix it.

Your stuck ENTER key will either clear itself up or wear itself out. If it's the later, Apple will fix it.

Half you people that have problems with Genius' just don't push them enough. You paid a freaking fortune for your device so act like it - quit being so timid and make some noise.