How to exclude podcasts in my albums

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kamiboy, Jun 24, 2007.

1. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Hi

So, I have this minor annoyance with my iPod. When I enter "Music > Albums" on my iPod I don't want to see it be cluttered with podcasts. I mean, logically I expect only to see my music albums there and when I want to hear podcasts I choose "Music > Podcasts", right?

I hate the fact that I cannot get rid of podcasts in my Albums. I figured out that if I mark all my podcasts and remove the Album and Artist fields from them then I will get the desired result. But that is hack and everytime a new episode of a podcast shows up it will show up in Albums unless I remember to remove those fields everytime a new episode shows up or everytime I sync, which is rather annoying.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

It's there so that you can listen to list of podcasts rather than just the one, as is the default when playing one through Music > Podcasts. I find it useful on occasions... How many podcasts have you got to make it seem cluttered?

3. kamiboy thread starter macrumors 6502

5 or 6, but just one would be enough to annoy me. I just want a list of my music albums when I want to listen to music just like I can get a list of just my podcasts.

4. kamiboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Not possible, huh?
    Well, maybe with the iPhone...