How to export from Final Cut. So many options??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by marvingentry, Jul 21, 2009.

1. marvingentry macrumors newbie

I am using a Canon Hf 100 camera. The amount of options, when exporting, is totally beyond me. My main desire is to have best quality on dvd. I would also like to know the best setting for posting on Youtube. Thanks. By the way, I use "quicktime conversion."

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

For DVD using iDVD: just export the video to Quicktime Movie and drag and drop the resulting movie into iMovie. ( Since DVDs are SD video, don't be shocked by the reduced video quality )

For youtube, use quicktime conversion and the H.264 codec. There are tons of tutorials out there.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

If you're exporting for DVD, don't use Quicktime Conversion. Export to Quicktime Movie, using "Current Settings" (which will match your sequence settings). Bring the resulting file into iDVD and it will handle the rest.

Alternatively, if you're using Final Cut Pro*(as opposed to Express), you should encode the DVD video and audio streams with Compressor, as you will typically get better results. There are presets for different quality levels built in or your can customize your own. Then, you can bring those files into iDVD or DVDSP (for Pro) to author the DVD.

4. marvingentry thread starter macrumors newbie