How to Export iCal Events and AddressBook from Touch to Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iGrant, Jun 11, 2009.

1. iGrant macrumors 6502a

iGrant

Hey,

Pretty much what the title ask, how do I export my iCal Events and Addressbook from my iPod Touch to another Mac?

And before you tell me Sync through iTunes, I tried that and it didn't work.

Thanks
    iGrant

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

hmm....

When you synched, did you use the same account name that's on the iPod for the Mac? Are the same calendars available?

I don't know of any other way to do it aside from synching. I can only speculate that there was something inconsistent between the 2 devices.

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

You probably can't do it through the iPod.

For Address Book you can open it on the computer where all the data is saved and then do a "File > Export > Address Book Archive.." then "File > Import" that on the other computer.

You can do the same thing with iCal. "File > Export" and "File > Import".

Look into MobileMe if you want to keep multiple computers in sync. It is definitely worth it.

4. iGrant thread starter macrumors 6502a

iGrant

Somehow when I synced my touch with my mac, all my contacts and iCalendar events were deleted on my Mac . . . I don't have time to manually re-enter over 400+ contacts . . .

-iGrant

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Well. MobileMe should work for you but it will cost. Maybe try the "free trial" that they offer? This would solve the calendar and contacts problem. Assuming the free trial lets you sync.

I also found this app while googling http://www.apptism.com/apps/export-contacts Maybe it will work for the contacts if mobile me trial doesnt.

6. serosity macrumors newbie

I'm looking for the same capability..

My hard drive was wiped, I lost all my data that wasn't backed up, including all my ical events. Now the only place they are stored is on my iPod touch, but I can't work out how to do a sync so that my touch calendar is exported to my MBP.

if I sync with iTunes it will erase all data on the iPod. Any help would be appreciated..

Cheers