How To Export iMovie 09 Project To External Harddrive?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iYellow, Dec 28, 2010.

1. iYellow macrumors member

iYellow

I am trying to export a two hour movie to watch on dvd after editing for 4 months, and was running on 12gb left on my macbook. I then tried to export it HD (8gb) and it eventually failed, saying it had no space left. Even though the movie wasnt exported, it took my 12gb left down to 4gb, so I tried high quality exporting, and it almost finished but failed right at the end, complaining of no space, and even when the file wasnt where I asked it to be it still took my memory away, now leaving me with 400mb. I am so annoyed, and

I want to know if I can export the movie to my external harddrive (plug in usb) as an mp4 file, and if so how? This would be a HUGE help as I dont want to have wasted so much time!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Can you not cleanup or delete old files? How bigs your HD in your MacBook?

3. iYellow thread starter macrumors member

iYellow

Ive already deleted about 10gb worth of stuff just to make room, I am feeling like just deleting it. Is there a was to export it directly to a harddrive? (My harddrive is only 60gb by the way, external is 120gb)

4. iYellow thread starter macrumors member

iYellow

5. brandon.8602 macrumors member

Obvious as it may seem... did you empty the trash?

I'd move as many files from your macbook to your HD as possible (or vice-versa) and then try again on the one you just cleared out. Or go get yourself a new HD because it sounds like you're low on space anyways.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Share it to Quicktime, saving it on your external drive.