How to Export in 720p for YouTube

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayDude132, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Does anyone on here know how to export their video in 720p to youtube? I have used iMovie to make a video, i posted it on YouTube, and then noticed it was only in 360p!!

Here's the video if you guys wanna check it out....

iPhone 4 HD Video Recording - iMovie

I feel like an idiot posting the video as HD when in reality it's only 360p. I'm trying to make some $$ here and it's not gonna happen when im lying to my viewers! :p

If anyone can help sort this problem out then thank you! Is there anyway to export from iMovie? I dont really get how to use iMovie too well if you couldnt tell from my video, as it only has 1 caption on the side and thats it. haha.

Thanks!
    Jason

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

3. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes, making money. if your video becomes popular enough you can start revenue sharing. They place ads on your video page and you get paid for it. But i wont be getting many viewers by uploading a video called "iPhone 4 HD Video" if my video isnt - in fact - in HD.

I just found another thread on this and it appears you have to use your computer to upload in 720p. That is STUPID! You should at least be able to email the video to yourself. I absolutely HATE having to plug in my phone to the computer. It is such a waste of time. The point of having a mobile device is to be able to do things, well... while mobile!

This is the only major issue that i've had with my phone. other than that, it is PERFECT!

4. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

I wonder if you could open it in the dropbox app and then open it on your computer?

Edit: Nope, DB compresses it before its uploaded.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It looks like you have some conflicting requirements. :p

6. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

The one I did was 1m54s with music and title.

147mb.

I don't see that going anywhere over 3G ;)

7. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Considering you can't send files over 25MB to nearly 99% of the world's ISPs, this is not an iPhone issue.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

so much for the 200mb data plans if it could go anywhere lol

9. slsl0 macrumors member

I like watching the video with the new youtube vuvzuela feature