how to extend my mac to projector

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by stuart2102, Jul 10, 2011.

1. stuart2102 macrumors regular

stuart2102

helo there expert does anybody there knows or has an idea how to extend my mac to the projector

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What Mac and projector do you have? There's 99% chance that it is possible but without knowing the other details, it's hard to say what you need to accomplish this.

3. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

uhmm imac is computer now and i want it use for projecting to the screen on a extended or duplicate status just like in windows that u can work on your monitor while projecting the other screen on the projector

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

So what specific iMac? Can you go to  > About This Mac and tell us what it says there (or post a screenshot). There have been several iMacs and some of them have different video outputs so it's impossible to recommend you anything with so little info.

The same applies to the projector. Do you know what video inputs does it have? If you don't, can you look up its model number and post it here so we can take a look? Or take a picture of its back where the inputs are located.

5. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

uhmm Thanks Hellhammer i found the way in already about my concern thanks again for your reply here till next time again