how to extened the MBP battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jesusplay, Jan 20, 2008.

1. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

well my i plan on getting mines when ever apple releases a new one.....

how to extened the battery likfe?

i haear over time the bettery doesnt hold a charge as well as it does when you first get it.

with all of my products i have owned thta are portable (psp, cell phone, i pod) i leave them on the charger when their not in use.

is thta bad?

do i have to get the battery low to charge it?

i need to know becuase i read it cost 150 dollars for a new battery..:(

2. Bakkalohriat Guest

Bakkalohriat

Apple's page about laptop batteries is very helpful:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

Overview: Keep the unit plugged into a power source when possible, unless you're going to keep it stationary for a long period of time. Batteries like to have their electrons moving, so try to let it run off battery power once in a while. Also, when you're running mobile, disable the Wifi and the Bluetooth if you aren't using them, and keep the brightness as low as you can handle to maximize efficiency.

Edit: Don't stress over battery life. My MacBook's battery is over 100 charge cycles, and there's no noticeable deterioration of battery life.

3. cjsuperstar macrumors newbie

Hi, I only get 3hrs max out of my MacBook (It is the new SR specification and I got it end of December), that Is when I use only Safari. I have tried Calibrating it but the life is still the same, It loses nearly 1% of charge every 1/1.5 minute, It also only starts up with about 97% charge after a full night of charging!!!!

4. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Depending on what I'm doing I can usually pull about 4 1/2 hours with my MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz notebook, with Bluetooth turned off, Airport turned on, listening to streaming radio in iTunes and browsing the internet in Safari.

Remember to close any unused applications when you are running off battery, because they use up RAM and can be swapped to disk which can cause a little bit of battery drain.