how to factory unlocked the iphone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fraazimtiaz, Jun 12, 2011.

1. fraazimtiaz macrumors newbie

hi guyz i have iphone 4 but i dont know whats is my carrier of my phone but the model of my iphone is MC605Y/A plz tell me the carrier i need to factory unlocked my plz help me thanks fraaz

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How would we know what carrier it's locked to?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Model number means nothing talk to person you got it from. ;)

5. fraazimtiaz thread starter macrumors newbie

thank for the information these movistar vodafone or orange it has able to factory unlock with ime remote server plz sent me the link of the website or any other soultion for this thanks fraaz

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You can't "factory unlock" a cell phone. It either comes from the factory unlocked (hence the term) or a carrier can unlock it for you, or you can unlock it using a variety of shadier methods. However, the only method I can see for you right now is if you use the Gevey turbo SIM.

EDIT: If the phone is activated, just go into Settings > General > About > Carrier?

7. fraazimtiaz thread starter macrumors newbie

bro i have already using gevey sim but i need to factory unlocked my iphone and carrier shows carrier 10.0

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

I guess what you are trying to formulate is a question which would look like this: is there any way to unlock my iPhone 4 so as to enable its use with any worldwide carrier?

The answer depends on your baseband, whether you want to unlock it through IMEI, or software, or want to pay the branding carrier a fee to do so for you, etc.

Realistically though, the easiest way is to JB then use ultrasn0w if your baseband supports it.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Only the original carrier can authorize Apple to unlock it. No other carrier is going unlock a phone from another carrier. Also they can't really look at it and tell you if it's theirs or not. if you don't know your best option is Grevey sim or try Sims from those carriers and hope. you could barrow a friends or order them on Ebay. once you know all you can do is ask the carrier if they will allow it to be unlocked.

10. fraazimtiaz thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone firmware is 4.3.2 and my baseband is 04.10.01 but i want factory unlock my iphone

11. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

So call the carrier the phone is locked to, we cant help with that.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

you need to read what we have said! We wrote it for a reason. ;) I'd like my phone factory unlocked too but I know it's not happening, at least not now.

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Your carrier can unlock the phone. Call your carrier.

14. labman, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

he doesn't know the original carrier 1st post. I'm guessing it's not the original carrier. no other carrier will unlock it but the carriere it's locked too. if he talks it too Apple they might be able to tell him who it's locked too. however they might also suspect the phone is stolen.