Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Where the Air Force sends me
Just got accepted into OnLive (video game service) In order to play I can't be on WiFi. Is there any way to trick my MacBook Pro, iMac into thinking it's hardwired in? Something like 3G Unrestrictor for iPhone :D

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
Just got accepted into OnLive (video game service) In order to play I can't be on WiFi. Is there any way to trick my MacBook Pro, iMac into thinking it's hardwired in? Something like 3G Unrestrictor for iPhone :D

I don't know what that is,and neither am I very knowledgeable about networking, so feel free to shoot me down, but wouldn't a wireless ethernet bridge do this job? Connects Ethernet at your PC/mac, so thats what it thinks its using, and wireless from the bridge?

ernestryles

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
There IS an answer

there is a way to do this. To do it download Pdanet desktop for mac here: http://www.junefabrics.com/iphone/mac.php

After you download and install pdanet it will appear as an ethernet adapter in your system preferences. Reorder your connections so that the pdanet adapter is above your wifi and you should be good to go.

Sorry if that was at all confusing but thats the only way that i know of to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.