Here's the small predicament I'm in... I've got 2 Macs, and am, with the exception of a dedicated DVR, Windows free. Unfortunately, it has come to a point where I need Windows for a few classes...MS Project for a Systems Analysis class, some network simulators for a network class/CCNA training and a couple other things. Of course, if I had an Intel Mac, no problem, but both my Macs are PPC. And Solitare doesn't run well in VirtualPC, I can't imagine how a network simulator would run. My original plan was to go for an Intel C2D mini, but I....a) Can't really wait around for Apple to get a C2D out and am not buying a CD when C2Ds are around the corner, and b) want something that I can upgrade to a small extent without voiding any warranties. The Mac Mini is Apple authorized only, the iMac isn't. And who knows when I'll want more RAM or a larger hard drive. Plus, the smaller, 5400 RPM drives in the Mini are a real turn off. I decided that if I'm going to buy an iMac, I might as well go all out and get a 24" iMac. Because I want one, mainly for the display, plus the extra power it provides...a Mac Pro would be overkill, but a 24" iMac would fit right in. So here's where I stand financially....I could pay for about half of the 24" iMac right now if I go into my savings account. Actually, I could pay for about $1900 of the iMac (figure it's $2000 with tax) from my savings, but I don't want to deplete it. I figured, maybe I could put a grand down in cash, and put the other grand on my credit card (with a limit high enough to buy a pair of 24" iMacs, so that's a non issue). So, after that lengthy, seemingly never ending post, my question is actually quite simple. How do credit card companies (specifically, Chase Visa) calculate finance charges? Say my interest rate is X%. It's not just price of iMac*X%, is it? Balance from previous statement*X%? Basically, what I'm just trying to get a feel for is the worst case scenario finance charges before I even think about this any more. I don't want to spend 3 grand on a 2 grand computer. But if the finance charges I'd end up paying are only a hundred bucks or so, then I'd do it. Like I said, I'd pay for the first grand (maybe a bit more) out of pocket. And as far as minimum payment goes? I'd probably pay about $150-200/month until June, when I'll be working at an internship and can probably pay off the remainder in paycheck or two. But I just want to figure out how much interest I'd have to pay in a worst case scenario, and how much I'd end up paying if everything goes to plan ($1,000 down, $150/mo) before I even get my hopes up. I was thinking of a card with a 0% APR for a year, but I worry that another credit card on my report might hurt my chances of getting a student loan for next year. My credit's pretty damn good, but I think adding a third card (yes, I have 2, no, they don't get used) might jeopardize things, I had a hard enough time these last 3 years. I'd rather pay a little bit in interest than not finish up college. Thanks.