How to file complaint against AT&T rep

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vega07, Jan 11, 2011.

1. vega07 macrumors 65816

So I have had bad signal (dropped calls, bad voice quality) in my house and around my house for the entire time I've been with AT&T. It seems like my house is near a dead zone.

I heard of the Microcell 3G and tried to ask if there is any chance AT&T can offer me one free of charge. No way in hell am I paying $150 for something AT&T's map says I should have, which is excellent coverage.

Talked a rep, and told me I have 2 towers that are out in Maryland. I live in California. He persistently insists I have a bad phone when I don't. He consistently didn't understand that I live in a dead zone. So it came to a point where he questions why I didn't do something about it long ago, like switch phones (still didn't understand that it's not a device issue), or go with another provider which is irrelevant at this point.

Then he scoffs at me because I was asking for one free of charge. I ask for tech tier 2 support and he says I can't be transferred there. I've been transferred there plenty of times for the same reason (I've called in the past maybe 3 times about signal issues). He says I have no reason to be transferred to tier 2. I kept insisting because I did not want to talk to this ignoramus anymore. He tells me to wait for a transfer and he comes back telling me the same thing over and over again, that tier 2 can't help me, blah blah blah. This happened 2+ times.

So I ask for his supervisor because at this point, I just wanted to file a complaint against him. He says hold on, and he comes back on asking me more questions and telling me the same thing (this happened twice). He raises his voice at me when I asked him calmly (I've been calm throughout), "Why am I still talking with you?"

I ask him for his name which he gave me, but only the first. I also asked for his ID # and he says he can't give it out (which I think is incorrect). So yes, I want to file a complaint against him. What can I do? Yeah, I know it's trivial but I still want to go through with it.

And is it possible now to get a free Microcell 3G?

Maybe I should go with Verizon...

2. possumwater, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011

possumwater macrumors regular

possumwater

Call back and ask directly for a supervisor. Dont tell the person anything at all on why you are calling other than they can not help you and you have been disrespected by someone at ATT. Insist that it must be a supervisor and don't explain anything. Then when you do talk to a supervisor, be calm and tell them the truth. Invite for them to check the records and review the taped conversation. Ask to file a complaint and ask to get feedback on the outcome. First thing you do anytime you talk to anyone in customer service is ask them their name again and wright it down, along with the time and date on a little slip of paper...always!

They will give you a micro tower for free if you are in a dead zone. After fighting you constantly, they will hopefully transfer you to someone who will help you and give you the truth. You can purchase it and then fax in the receipt and they will apply the 150 to your bill. I called the other day and they did this for me.

Hope this helps

3. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks possumwater.

Maybe I'll try it in the near future to get one free. But I don't have the patience to deal with potential morons over the phone right now. Oh yeah...below is the conversation I had with him regarding the Microcell:

Me: I was hoping AT&T can send me a Microcell as a courtesy and for my poor signal.
    CSR: Why? Do you have liquid damage? You broke your cell phone?
    Me: :confused: Do you know what a Microcell is?
    CSR: No.

And why is AT&T charging so much for this Microcell anyway? Why are they even charging for it at all?

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I just like to point out that no company will provide you feed back on the out come of the complaint. It is against policy in many companies. That disciplinary action is considered private employee infatuation and they will not even tell you if they talk to the guy or not. Most you will be told is your complaint will be handled. They will not tell you what they are going to do.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Don't bother trying to chase that one bad rep. There's good and bad.
    If you get one that is not willing to help, sounds like he doesn't know much or is rude just hang up and call back. You will get a different one for sure.

6. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

This made me LOL. Employee infatuation is another issue entirely (although also probably against company policy. LOL.)

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Your best bet is to call and talk to a supervisor.

8. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

I just received an email for a free microcell. Interesting...

I wonder if my complaints had anything to do with it.