how to file complaint re: repair in apple store

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slug420, Dec 19, 2007.

1. slug420 macrumors regular

So I have some problems with the way my recent repair(s) were handled by my local apple store. Is there a place I can e-mail or a number I can call to be heard?

thanks

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Call apple and complain or you can email stevejobs@mac.com. Most of the time you will get a call back or an email. Just make sure you include your repair ID's.

3. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

how to file complaint re: repair in apple store

Hi,

When you call Apple, make sure you're calling the Corporate office. Their number is 408-996-1010.

When they answer ask to speak to the Customer Relations department.

Good luck

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

For future reference, I recommend going through an Apple Authorised repair place, much better than the stores...

5. slug420 thread starter macrumors regular

6. the finster macrumors newbie

Very BAD Service repair...

To Steve Jobs:
    To whoever reads this...

My serial number is XXXXXXXXX. It could be "O" or "0"... I don't know.

Tomorrow I will make my 12th trip to bring my iMac in for ONE repair!!!!!

My first 3 trips were to the Canoga Park, CA store. What a waste of my life! I will never go there again.

Then I took it to the Thousand Oaks Ca store and it was one blunder after another!!!

The first Repair Number is: XXXXXXXXX and the last Repair number is: XXXXXXXXX

When I picked it up after the last service repair:
    1. The cooling fan is NOW always on full and is so loud!!! It never did that before! Now I put in my ear plugs!
    2. The inside of the glass is dirty and I can't clean it.
    3. There are at least 4 greasy fingerprints around the edge of the monitor screen, which is behind the glass.

Who do you have making these repairs behind closed doors? You guys have honestly failed at managing the quality control in service.

2 trips ago, when I went there to pick it up, the guy carried it to me. He thought it would be a good idea to plug it in and give it a try. I took out a dvd from my backpack and it couldn't be inserted. I asked him to try it. It wouldn't go in. He unplugged it and took it through the door to have it looked at while I waited (this one guy was not a snob). And it turned out that the dvd that they left in it was now stuck inside because the new "Drive, SuperDrive, 8x, SATA, Halogen Free part that was replaced was a defective part. And this was just one of the trips. They said they would order a new one and I could leave it or take it until the part comes in. I took it because I have to drive all the way there when the new part comes in anyway. The problem was that it wouldn't eject and it kept thinking one was just inserted. So it would keep playing "The 10 Commandments" over and over and over. It couldn't be stopped... so I could go on to my work!

Should I be mad about all this? Would you be???

I bought it in March of 2009 and the hard drive partially failed in the beginning of November of 2011. It should have been a simple repair but it now seems that I own a LEMON. 12 complete round trips from Malibu to Thousand Oaks, CA and Canoga Park, CA.

I expected a MUCH higher standard from Apple. I don't even want this iMac anymore because I don't trust it. It's simply screwed up and I'm sick of this.

I can't believe I am going to compare my iMac to a Ferrari but... if you bought an Enzo Ferrari and it sputtered down the road I don't think Ferrari would care. WHAT??? That's not true at all! In fact they would repair it "IMPECCABLY" as soon as they possibly could. Why? Because their name spoke for it's self and created a standard.

I was under the impression that Apple would value me as a customer. But this great computer went to crap and I don't want it because service did a really really bad job inside and I can't possibly trust it to even sell it to a friend. If I do should I tell them to hope that it never needs service?

What are you going to do about this?

Casey Finley
    424-235-5520

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

1. This thread is very very old...
    2. On a public forum, I wouldn't recommend putting your real name down with your phone number
    3. Unfortunately, Steve Jobs is no more so your salutation is invalid
    4. Seriously?