how to find a hidden recording--urgent

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vanda1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. vanda1 macrumors newbie

My partner made a recording while having intercourse. I realized at the end but i cannot find the recording to delete it. The strange thing is that i tried to record something and it is saved automatically when you stop recording and it is sent to the normal folder camera roll/videos.
    Where is the recording he took earlier then?
    Once you press record button, it records. Once you press stop, it stops recording and saves it. No hidden application from what I know. Any suggestions? Tnx

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

LOL, cant tell if youre a troll or not but ok. i mean it seems kinda silly you just joined this forum to ask this.

voice notes or he took a video. bottom line is you are having more severe issues that i think you need to tend to...like the honesty in your relationship. first step is asking your "partner" to just delete it.

oh and was it with you or someone else?

3. vanda1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bottom line is that I need help. I asked him to delete the video but it seems weird that we cannot find it. Yes, it is with me. How can someone explain that it is not there when everything is saved automatically?
    Tnx

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's either in the camera roll, or he took the video using a 3rd party app. If it's not in either place, then it's deleted.

5. wxman2003 Suspended

Did you check photo stream? He may have deleted off of phone, but if he had photo stream on, it will have uploaded to the cloud, where he can share it with everyone.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If you can't find it on the iPhone, you might want to "erase all content and settings". That will delete the video from the iPhone--along with everything else. Go to "settings" ---> "General"---->"Rest"--->Erase all content and settings.

However, as other posters mentioned you should check to see if he has photo stream on--in which case the video might show up on any other Apple device he owns. Check that before erasing the iPhone. Also, if he synced the iPhone prior to you erasing it, the video may have transferred to his computer.

7. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

When you find out what happened to the recording, please post your results.

Technology is a sword that cuts both ways. It can make life wonderful or kick your @$$. Recording someone in an intimate encounter without their permission is deplorable and speaks volumes about the recorder's lack of character. Think on this.

8. vanda1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I clicked on Settings-general-usage and there is no iCloud folder so I cannot find the video.I do not think he has an iCloud account.I cannot "erase all content and settings" as he will go ballistic.
    He was strange yesterday. He took some pictures and after a few moments he wanted to delete them.He looked at them for some time and then clicked on delete. He spent a few minutes to show me that the pictures are not in camera roll. REALLY STRANGE! Like he was somebody else.
    Thank you for your support and advice.

9. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Was this a video or just an audio recording (the one in your original post)?

10. vanda1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Video recording. I managed to find photo stream and it is off now.