How to find/add Kindle app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by esray, Dec 6, 2013.

1. esray macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if this was asked before but I couldn't find when I searched for it.
    Just got my new Ipad air today and the main reason I bought one in the first place is to read. But, I live in Turkey and I can't download Kindle app from Appstore, it is not in our country yet I guess.

So, is there any other way I can find the latest version and add to my apps? I have an older version 3 something but when I tried to add it to my apps it doesn't work. So, can't I use Itunes to add an app if I download it?

Basically, is there anyway someone could help me, please? :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The kindle app may not be available in your app store, but in the US, all you have to do is search on kindle and it pops right up

3. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

4. tyche macrumors 6502

Might have to look at either Apple iBooks or Nook app or Barnes and Noble. Amazon doesn't seem to want to do business in Turkey.

You can't install a newer Kindle app any other way than through itunes because it has drm with your account tied to it.

5. esray thread starter macrumors newbie

iBooks is working fine, I was just used to use Kindle app on pc so I just wanted to have it on my ipad too. Plus all my books are .mobi, I can't just go on and convert all 400 something :( Do you have any suggestions?

6. tyche macrumors 6502

You can use a program called Calibre to convert your .mobi to .epub which a number of ebook programs read. It would convert those 400 in batch mode very quickly. It can also remove drm from the.mobi if needed to format shift.

7. MiesVanDerRobot macrumors member

+1 to the Calibre solution. I've used it to epub-ify several Kindle books. Works like a charm.