How to find iPhone Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdusoccer12, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

I have to redo my Computer and completely reinstall Windows XP for the third time. (I am ready to kill this thing) I have Backed Up iTunes with DVD's but i was wondering if that will keep my iPhone backup or how do I get it to. The only reason I am reinstalling Windows is because I had to restore my iPhone because it was acting up and now i can't reactivate it because of my stupid computer. So please help me!!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I did a google search and the first result was this . You should just be able to copy the backup into the new location. :)

3. jdusoccer12 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks i think it might have worked but there were three files with really long and random names. I had three backups though but their names were just Jordan's iPhone, Jordan's iPod, and Jordan's iPod so i don't know where the long random file names came from. Should they be like that??

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Yeah that is just what itunes names the file. To be safe I would just back up all three of the files. And then just pick the one you want to back up to once you have everything reinstalled.

5. jdusoccer12 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks so do i just drag them back to the same place once i reinstall everything

6. jdusoccer12 thread starter macrumors regular

7. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

On Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

On Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AppleComputer\MobileSync\Backup

On Mac:
    /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

8. wiweeyum macrumors newbie

Is that where it is in Windows 7 as well? The Vista instructions, that is.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just search for MobileSync.

10. wiweeyum macrumors newbie

Okay, Vista is the same as for win 7. :) Thanks.

11. westerlu77 macrumors newbie

Cant´find backup

I did a jailbreak this afternoon with Limera1 and Parallels and it worked well.
    My problem is that iTunes do not find my backup from the specific time today. Is not in the menu when iTunes ask me.
    But when I go to preferences I can see it there, but I wonder how big is this backup file and I find it under /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup called a document (9mb) and it's called d5285aac8b0e4d365eed9e32d122e7822ddb71b2
    Is this the right thing?