How to find lost apps on a replacement ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sochet, May 8, 2011.

1. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

Hey,

My iPad 2 has just been replaced (the connector port stopped working so it couldnt be charged or synced). I got the new one today but there was a small period of time between the last sync and the iPad breaking. I have set up the new one by restoring the backup of the old iPad to the new one, however some of the new apps are missing. They don't show up in the app list in iTunes.

I know I can redownload them for free but I can't remember all of them! :confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. buckeye269 macrumors newbie

Go to.. I think it is account at the top of your iTunes close to file and view and it will give you an option to download all purchased items on the account you are logged in on.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I can't remember exactly where but in your iTunes account info there is a purchase history where you can see what you have bought. I think it also includes free apps. I'm sure someone will chime in with exactly how to find it.

4. sochet thread starter macrumors regular

sochet

I found it!

You have to go into Store>View account>purchase history (includes free apps)

It's odd. My Mac pro is my main syncing machine (same for my iphone) but I'm moving and it's all boxed up, so I've been using my Macbook Pro instead. When in the apps section of my iPad it doesn't show the iPhone apps I purchased in the past few months either :/

Anyway it's sorted now, thanks guys!