How to find out what is making the circle near LTE indicator?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

That little circle near LTE is going around and around. How do I figure out what’s causing it? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

The phone is showing that there is activity on the data connection. Something is uploading or downloading.

3. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Thank you, but I want to know what app is doing this so I can take care of it. It's still going...

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

5. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Let the os finish what it is trying to do. It may well just be indexing. Every time you stop the process it has to start over. Be patient. It may take a while.

6. ericwn macrumors 68020

What about the cellular data settings? Can you see there which apps have access to it and how much data they consumed?

7. eric3312 macrumors 6502

Here’s something I discovered.
    Before iOS 11, I had iCloud Photo Library set to only upload/download pictures while connected to WiFi.

After I upgraded to iOS 11, that setting magically changed back to Cellular data usage for photo updates.

I noticed that when I opened the photos app, I’d always get the spinning wheel and it would say “updating” but never get anywhere.

I changed the setting back to WiFi only, but the photos app STILL tries to “update” while on cellular, and I get the constant spinning wheel.

This may be different than what your experiencing, but I would definitely see what cellular data options you have enabled.