How to find out which app is using how much data?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by StinkyDonk, Feb 12, 2015.

1. StinkyDonk macrumors regular

I've an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.
    My wife's just bought an iPhone 5S running iOS 8.

If i go... Settings > Mobile > then all my apps on my phone are listed. I can decide which ones I want to be 'allowed' to use mobile data. Under each app it also tells me how much data it has used since the last time i reset the counter.

My wife's seems to be different.

If she goes ... Settings > 'Cellular' (not mobile??)

Then she has some listed, but not all her apps.

Facebook, FaceTime, MC, Passbook, Settings

Those are the only things listed, nothing else.

Would be helpful if she could get something like what i have, to turn off which app uses mobile data & track how much each app is using.

2. EthanLMT macrumors regular

EthanLMT

It only shows the apps that have ever used cellular data in the past (not Wifi). So if you're wife keeps her data off most of the time or doesn't use adopts when she has data on then they won't appear.

3. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

As far as the Mobile vs Cellular goes, I'm guessing that your phone is set for British or maybe Australian English and your wife's is set for American? The name of that option probably changes based on your region.

And like the PP said, if your wife *just* upgraded and hasn't used many of her apps on the new phone yet, then not many will appear there.

4. EthanLMT macrumors regular

EthanLMT

Also if your wife has iOS 8 they changed mobile to cellular in the update I think.

5. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

It's been cellular in the US all along, but it certainly could have been changed for other regions.

6. StinkyDonk thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh thanks. Yeah she only just bought the phone a few days ago so she wont have had all apps open yet.