How to find ssd size on logic board Mac pro 15 2017.

mirabela1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2018
newark
Hello, i have mac pro 15 2017 logic board in front of me. i was able to find sticker on the back with info 2.9 i7 16gb, however i can't locate any hint for ssd size (it is integrated). Do you guys know how to locate that? Thank you.

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Look up the serial number of your MacBook Pro at one of the sites that will search out the original configuration for that MBPro.
This site gives me the most information, and SHOULD show the storage size, as shipped.

If you ONLY have the logic board, and no way to install it in a working MBPro, then I really don't know - unless you scan through the various chips on the board, hopefully to decode markings on the SSD chip that should tell you the storage size (??)

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Probably, if the SSD used is a single chip. Some are multiple chip, but would be located together.
Some of the teardowns on the internet will identify the major parts of the logic board, including the location for the flash storage. I couldn't find a picture of your 2017 15-inch logic board with those chips identified --- but that doesn't mean there are none.
Without that, you would need to find out how to identify which chips are those for storage. That would be the identifying code on the chips. (Sorry, I don't know where to find THAT information)
Maybe someone with other knowledge will be able to help you with that.

Question for YOU: (I'm curious!)
How is it that you have a logic board, but no way to identify which MBPro it was removed from?