How to find the appleid user of some apps

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by vexorg, Jul 26, 2016.

1. vexorg macrumors 6502a

I have the odd situation where one or two apps will say they need updated, I update them and during the process I get told that these apps (like garageband) are not for my appleid. As far as I know I have only used one appleid on my mac, so how can I find out which appleid it's looking for?

And how do I fix this so that all apps on my mac are tied to my appleid?

2. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seems to be garageband update that's causing the problem. It's the only update that does not apply. I don't use it but annoying to have this error every time I get an update.

How can you force an update to know that I should be the owner of a free update on a system installed app. An app I've never used.

3. chrfr macrumors 603

You'd need to delete the existing app and download a new copy, but if it doesn't show in your list of purchased apps, you may need to buy it in order to reinstall.

4. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

More puzzling, if I click on the app hoping it would lead me to the download, Garageband 6.0.5, it says no longer available in the UK store.

And If I search for the app then it's listed as version 10.1.2 and the want me to pay for it!!

If I just delete the app, will that make the update error disappear? can I simply move the app file to the trash, or is there anything else that needs removed to clean it up?