How to fix Blue Hue problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by noodile, Aug 17, 2012.

1. noodile macrumors regular

I searched the forum but couldn't find how to fix it. On my brand new 2012 MBP, everytime graphics switching kicks in, i get a "blue Hue" on the screen. its starting to get on my nerves now. anyone know how it can be fixed?

Edit: 15" High-res antiglare screen

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Yzerweed macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. What i always do is logout then re-login to get rid of the "blue hue". I don't think there's a permanent solution to this

4. noodile thread starter macrumors regular

I think the color profile gets applied to everything. i just want it applied to one graphics card. the issue only happnes when i use graphic intensive applications.

5. willsoriano macrumors member

I recently bought a new 2012 non retina mbp 2.6 with an lg display that does the very same thing. It's annoying and actually made me realize that this display isn't as good as the late-2011 I had before this.

This newer display/refresh/whatever the cause me be doesn't have that same crisp clear don't have to mess with profiles look. I don't know if I should goto the apple store and try and have it replaced (they've always been really uncooperative with replacements and repairs with my iPhone).

Does anyone know what the apple stores standard is for issuing replacements and repairs for the mbp display is so I don't have to go though the whole parade of "that's normal and to be expected regardless of the fact that every model we have on display here doesn't have that issue"

6. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

When it changes to the blue cast you should go reselect your color profile. I have had instances in the past where my color profile would go on and off. I never thought to associate it with the GPU switching, but that is very well what it could have been.

Instead of logging out and back in next time, maybe try opening the display prefs and unselecting and then reselecting the color profile you run day to day.

7. noodile thread starter macrumors regular

well, finally figured out how to fix it thanks to you guys.

Go into energy saving >> Disable automatic graphic switching (basically force it on invidia)

Then go into displays >>> color >>> choose your favorite. (I chose color match RGB and that worked perfect for me).

Now go back into energy savings >>>> enable graphics switching >>> and you're done. (you might need to double check the color settings again)

----------

Try what i did and lemme know if it works for you.

----------

Just fixed it. works good now, and settings stay the same even after a restart.