How to Fix Cydia - Or install 'rock' without blackra1n.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by henneth, May 3, 2010.

1. henneth macrumors member

Hi there,

I have a 2G iphone, and Cydia has stopped working. It just bounces me back to the home screen. Short of re-jailbreaking (I had a nightmare time because im useless), is there a way to fix Cydia. I am also interested in installing 'rock' but everytime I try to run blackra1n, it doesnt work.

Is there any way to install rock, without using blackra1n to re-jailbreak? And is there a way I can fix my Cydia without re-jailbreaking. My current OS is 3.12

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I assume you have done the obvious and turned your phone off and then back on?

3. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Restart your phone. If that doesn't fix it you may have to restore and then re-jailbreak. You do not need to use blackra1n to install rock, just search cydia for rockapp and install it that way.

Xanadeath

4. henneth thread starter macrumors member

Oh, ive restarted it many a time with no luck. I really dont want to re-jailbreak because I would have to reinstall all my Cydia apps, but mainly because I get confused about IPSW's and Itunes versions and all that.

Is there a way to install rock from a pc, without blackra1n, or to fix cydia without re-jailbreaking?

Thanks

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

You can always try installing mobileterminal (google it) and then look around for the commands to delete and reinstall cydia. Your packages will still be there (if this works) but they wont show up in cydia.

6. henneth thread starter macrumors member

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Cydia! I uninstalled Rock because the rock extensions were causing conflicts. Are you sure your Cydia issues aren't just because of the huge traffic hitting it right now (Spirit JB)?

8. henneth thread starter macrumors member

Haha, no, it stopped working months ago, ive only just bothered to get round to fixing it!