How to fix noisy space bar on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thevineyard, Dec 19, 2008.

1. thevineyard macrumors newbie

I just bought a new 15" MacBook Pro and it's great except the space bar is very noisy. I called Apple, went online, took the machine back to the store where I bought it. No luck. The tech guy said it should quiet down with use. This is annoying. I spent a fortune and expected more from Apple. Any suggestions? Anyone have experience with this?

2. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Yup.... Had the same issue here, took mine to the apple store in SLC and would not leave until it was corrected to my satisfaction... he ended up replacing the small white plastic "springs" under space bar and all is well.

3. thevineyard thread starter macrumors newbie

noisy space bar

That's a great tip, might try that tomorrow. I want this to be over with. Thanks.

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I can honestly say I might laugh a little if I were a genius and someone brought in their computer because of a loud key...to each their own.

5. sk47 macrumors member

Same.

If you guys didn't try out the macbooks in-store before u purchased the product, then that's your loss. And IF you had tried it out beforehand, you would have realized the relatively louder spacebar (and the louder spacebar is present in every macbook). They display it in public for a reason you know, it's not just for show.

6. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Funny you would say that...... Why would I NOT bring it back if there was a issue... FYI the "Genius" said that he had heard of this being a issue AND that he had already fixed one other this week.... He was very cool about it and I doubt that he thought twice about it when I left and dropped a 5 spot on him for a tip.... PLUNK