How to fix phones vibrating settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

This is probably a really silly question, but how do I enable my phones settings so it'll vibrate when I get a call? When I turn off the volume with the mute button on the side it just turns it all off. It won't vibrate at all when I get a call and only shows someone calling me. Not super convenient! It used to vibrate whenever I'd be receving a call, anyone know how to fix this? Thanks beforehand.

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Check under Settings > Sounds.

3. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Thanks for the tip, but that didn't work. Do you think maybe it's the phone itself? I'm sure Apple would replace it but I don't really want to, I'd rather fix it if I could.

4. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

The software might just be acting up. Try a reset: Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Setting (>Erase All Content and Settings if you REALLY want to be sure...just make sure you have a copy of music, contacts, etc stored on you computer). I would have to occasionally do this to my old iPhone if functions started to act up.

5. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does it vibrate when you change the vibrate settings on that screen to "On"? If not, try tapping the top of the phone against the palm of your hand with force. Sometimes the motor - which is located near the camera - can become stuck.

6. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Thanks a lot both of you. Neither worked, grr! I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to do a full restore. I really DON'T want to do that. I'll be even more annoyed if that doesn't fix it =/