how to fix the inline attachments feature

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by enjoybears, Nov 15, 2007.

1. enjoybears macrumors newbie

Using apple mail, all of my attachments, including my photos, are displayed within the content of the message itself. This is incredibly frustrating, since many of my large pictures dwarf my messages. Does anyone know if there's away to keep attachments seperate from content?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. enjoybears thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! This looks like it will do the trick. My apple is at home, but I'll give it a try. It's very bizarre that Apple Mail doesn't include this.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

A bit of a pain, but just right-click on the attachment and select view as icon… that works…

5. enjoybears thread starter macrumors newbie

6. victoriab65 macrumors newbie

Thanks arkitect!
    I am a newbie to all things mac (unless you count the '80s) and was wondering if I was the only one who had a problem with that.
    :)

7. cruscntrl macrumors newbie

Re: Embedded Attachments

Right clicking the attachment and selecting 'view as icon' apparently only works on your end while you are viewing the email. When sent and received, it shows up embedded. (Try sending an attachment that way to yourself).

So I still don't know how to send a pdf attachment without it being embedded for all to see, unless I zip it which I don't always want to do.

crus