How to fix the iPhone 4 home button issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wallstreetcrash, Sep 13, 2011.

1. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No, that was debunked right after it came out. But this is:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1223292

Did mine on Saturday--I did about 10 minutes of tapping on my kitchen table (padded with a towel) and vacumming. It's only missed twice since then--after getting to the point where it was missing about one press in twenty. I'm actually going to do another round in a day or so to see if I can get it even better.

I'm not sure it will work as well on some of the really bad ones I've heard about, the ones where people have waited to deal with the problem until they literally have to hit the button 30 times before it registers a tap. But if the problem is still intermittent, it definitely seems to make a difference.

If all else fails, take it in to Apple.

2. kye012 macrumors newbie

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

None of my previous iPhones had button problems, until the iPhone 4. It appears that Apples reduction in quality to enhance their profits is costing users. This is how the decline of BlackBerry began.

My 3GS was the best iPhone of any thus far. I'm encouraged that the 4S is slightly improved, yet I'm going to wait till the next model. Surely by then Apple will equip it with a modern sized display.

I believe the fear of less battery life is what's holding Apple back.