How to fix the lock problem glitch on iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bladedude12345, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Bladedude12345 macrumors newbie

Ok this happened to me once and it was because I had to many apps running not the case not dropping it, it was because I didn't quit the apps

Now I know what you are thinking "What? But I push the home button when I'm done" well no, you have to double click the home button and hold down on one of the apps and push the red button on all of them this won't delete the apps just quit because when you push the home button when your done they are still running but if your iPad is under warranty I thinkmthey will still fix it for you anyway drive down to the nearest apple store or computer genius because you can't fix it at home (unless you want every thing erased)

Hope this helped!

Also don't hold down apps on the home page and push the X button :)

2. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

They aren`t still running.
    Apps in the "running Apps" bar (misnomer) are in "suspension".
    It`s not like minimizing a window on your computer, it does not work like that.
    Have as many Apps "running" as you want it makes no difference.

3. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

That's not quite true!
    I have a jail broken iPad 1 and it shows me the memory available on my top bar.
    As soon as I close background apps my memory goes way up again so you can conclude from this that those apps do use some resources even when dormant in the background.

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020