How to fix the Smart Case's shallow typing angle

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Oshima, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Oshima, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

Oshima macrumors newbie

Like many have complained before me, the Smart Case's typing angle is much shallower than the Smart Cover. This is because the Smart Cover allowed for the device to rest on the hinge, whereas the material on the Smart Case is too rigid to do the same. You end up with an angle like the following:

[​IMG]

As you can see, this is a pretty shallow angle for typing; it's barely better than it lying flat. The solution is simple, however. You simply fold the cover differently than you do with the smart cover:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the angle is much better when the back of the "triangle" is unfolded and put straight down. This position is very sturdy and causes no wobble or instability, and is an excellent angle for my hands and wrists.

I hope this helps others who were having the same problem as I was! The Smart Case is a great device, and I'd hate to see it get returned over something as correctable as this.

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Good idea!

Now if you can fix the Wobble when the ipad is upright :)

3. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

i bought the red one yesterday, and i kinda dislike it. i might retun it today. it doesnt feel any solid on view angle at all. tje ipad fell like 2 times.

----------

i bought the red one yesterday, and i kinda dislike it. i might retun it today. it doesnt feel any solid on view angle at all. the ipad fell back like 2 times. so i will return to the original smart cover :D

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

You, sir, are amazing. It's so simple, I can't believe I didn't figure this out. And it really is solid and stable this way, you wouldn't think it. Thanks!

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Dude, a mod changed the size of your pic and you changed it back! :D

6. Oshima thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it was a mod; I changed the size of it to be smaller and it disappeared. Granted, I'm on my iPad, so when I get on a desktop I'll make sure they're the appropriate size.

7. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

ahh ok. Good luck. :)

8. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss