How to fix this Cydia error?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elipem01, Aug 23, 2010.

1. elipem01 macrumors member

When I first jailbroke my phone, I went and added every source I could find. In doing so, I ended up with a bunch of junk that I needed to get rid of. Let me start by saying I DO NOT use cracked apps. I have never installed any and do not intend to. I added the Inst***ous repo and realized I didn't need it and deleted it. It wouldn't delete so I manually deleted it from the source list (/etc/apt/sources.list.d) using iFile. Now it's gone but I'm still getting these errors like it's still there. How can I completely get it off my phone?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Have you done a full reboot after deleting it out of plist.

3. elipem01 thread starter macrumors member

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you sure you are saving the edited version of the plist ?

Over the years, I have removed numerous bad sources from the plist (via SSH), and have always followed with a reboot. Never had a problem, not sure what's going on.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

First, go back to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and make sure that repo is not on the Cydia.list file (it happen to me that when I got the GPG error somehow the repo made back to that file).

Go to: /var/lib/apt/lists/ - remove all packages related to the problematic repo. (you can actually remove everything but the "/partial" folder, Cydia will download them all again so it will take a bit longer the first time you open it, don't forget to backup all file before deleting).

reboot your iPhone and that should do it.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Listen to dhlizard. He helped me with this exact problem in another thread (different repo but same problem). Followed his instructions and they worked great.

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

All user added sources go into the Cydia.list, do they not?

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Thanks, but the fix from "maturola" can also work in stubborn cases.

9. elipem01 thread starter macrumors member

That seems to have fixed it. It had came back from where I deleted it earlier and was also in var/lib/apt/list. Thanks for the help.

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes they do, what i tried to say is for the OP to go back and check, because it had happen to me before that after I had manually edited the Cydia.list file I gotten an GPG error and them the bad repo reappeared on the file. (restore somehow from another place).

@OP, just keep in mind that if you get new "bad" repo, that error is going to come back (I haven't be able to figure out where it comes from) but it happen to me a couple of times until I had to "restore" (for other reasons, that was a developments phone) and it went away.

11. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

This is off-topic, but are you aware that the thread you started here was just one shy of being MacRumor's one-millionth thread overall?

:eek:

Anyway, congrats on starting MacRumor's 999,999th thread! :D

12. elipem01 thread starter macrumors member

I didn't realize it but that's pretty cool. Thanks for letting me know.