How to fix this Problem?? Very odd....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShaunAFC3, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ShaunAFC3, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016

ShaunAFC3 macrumors regular

I have a iPad Air 2 and when I go on a review on cnet.com in Safari and Google Chrome while loading the webpage very nearly and when I try to scroll down the page it just stops, froze the browser and I could not do anything else within the browser and at the same time the browser does not shut down it self, it is very strange and when this happens it is mainly on the of Cnet.com reviews pages.

I have had this problem for a couple days now and this should NOT be happening the iPad Air 2 especially with the power of the beast A8X and 2GB of RAM should definitely have no problems and compared to my old smartphone(Samsung Galaxy S4) can browse review pages of Cnet.com with no problems!!

I really need some help fellas!! How to fix this stupid odd problem?? has anybody had this problem before??

BTW I have a iPad Air 2 on IOS 9(not sure what version/build it is on) and i have done a hard reset on it a few times and the problem is still there unfortunately just because due to it crashed on me randomly completely out of nowhere and then ever since that happened my iPad is not working as fast/smooth and stable anymore like the animations when unlocking the iPad and going in to the home screen and loading apps and games in general are not loading not as fast anymore which it is not good!!!!

1st EVER POST WOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO!!! :D :D :D

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sorry, but I just have no idea. Sometimes a problem is so obscure nobody knows the answer. It happens. :(

3. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

I'd just backup your iPad and then restore it. Best way to resolve most problems.

4. Johnny365 macrumors regular

Johnny365

5. stevemiller macrumors 65816

In not a developer, but I work at a company that makes websites.

Different browsers use different rendering engines that have to be accommodated differently by a developer. All iOS web browsers use mobile WebKit for rendering, for example. Android browsers likely use something different.

Every so often, someone makes a change to a website that inadvertently breaks one of these renderers. Unless they check all the browsers (and all versions of that browser!), they might not even realize it.

Internally companies usually have a QA department that tries to catch these things, but sometimes something slips through.

I've encountered this myself, and the best thing to do is notify the website operators. It usually gets resolved a couple days later.

I'd do that before reinstalling your entire OS, which gets tossed around far too liberally around here.

6. Trogladite macrumors member

I had similar thing happen on my ipp. I am on beta. And it went away on a restart. Put in report as usual. But as it was triggered on a game, I think it was the game rather than the iPad.

As I don't play games often, it will be unlikely I can replicate the circumstance. But a simple restart seemed to correct it

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I have several sites that just do not do well on my iPad. It is not a big deal to me.

8. ShaunAFC3 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok great to know but what iPad do you have???

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I have an iPad Air 2 on iOS 9. If you post a link to a specific page that causes this problem, I'll try it and see if I get the same issue. I did try going to cnet and looked around a bit, but I couldn't find any page that caused a problem.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Ipad Pro and two Air 2. Getting ready to sell the two Air 2 units and get the smaller iPad Pro Lite

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Just curious, but why did you have two Air2s?

12. Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

I have an old iPad 2 and browsing is getting worse by the day (well, I haven't really touched it in about a month).
    Macrumors Forum crashes constantly on first load, usually works the first refresh if I don't try scrolling before it's done loading.
    Gawker sites constantly crash.
    A mere whisper of a GIF is enough to make it spaz out.

This happens in every browser I've tried (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, those-other-ones-whose-names-I-can't-be-bothered-to-remember, etc.)

So my iPad 2 is only really good for comic books these days.
    Then again, that's all I've really used it for over the last couple of years anyway :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2016 ---
    We have two hands, seems a waste to only use one, really.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sorry about how crappy your iPad 2 has gotten, but it's not relevant to the OP's situation, as they have an iPad AIR 2.

14. Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

Well, I figured since this:

-happens to the OP.

It might be a problem with how iOS in general handles web browsing and not just a problem with his speicfic iPad.
    -I get freezing on mine as well (I seem to have left that out of my previous post, shoot)

So it was more of an "I feel you, BRAH!" post than anything else.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

One stays in the SUV and is for my field work via cellular. The new Pro lite will replace it, the othe Air 2 stays in the bedroom on the dresser for reading mid night emails. The Pro lives next to the Lazyboy and is used most and very enjoyed.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Wait, so you have two Pros now?

EDIT oh you said pro LITE. I thought that said LTE. :p

So what if it isn't a pro lite but an updated iPad Air? That is, no pencil, no extra speakers?

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Do you think yourself as funny?

I could care less about the extra speakers.:p

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In this instance, no. I posted, then I realized my mistake, so I corrected it.

19. ShaunAFC3 thread starter macrumors regular

I still have this problem, it is so bloody annoying!!! D: D: