How to fix vibrate issues, and what the heck is damaged files

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by StophMac24, Jan 27, 2008.

1. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

So I have been going insane trying to figure out why my vibrate didnt work. My phone vibrated for phone calls, but not for anything else. I knew it had something to do with customize. So i went insane. I SSHed the crap out of my phone and came across an interesting file in the deepest parts of my iphone....its a file called damaged files and in it was a vibrationsettings plist. When i looked into it, apparently, there is a file in your frameworks folder called "celestial.frameworks" I clicked it to find all the plists that had to do with vibrate and what not. In it i found and odd file name for what once was vibrationsettings, so I took my dad's iphone, SSHed and found his file, copied it over to my phone, reset, and now it vibrates happily.

What i take from all this, what is this damaged files file, and how do things get added to it.

I hope this helps someone out. If anyone needs the original plist, I will be more than happy to sent it to them. Now before you go thinking this may be a problem solver, check to make sure ur vibrate motor works by downloading iBrate and testing it, if it vibrates, youll know its a software issues. Happy fixing!!!

If you need help, email me!

2. iJames. macrumors newbie

Help

HEy do you tihnk yu can email me the new frameworks/celestial.frameworks folder because my iphone will not vibrate

3. wink88 macrumors newbie

help!!

iphone no longer vibrates..can you please email me that file?? thanks!!

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I wouldn't have went through all that trouble to fix it, I would have just gone the lazy route and performed a restore and stayed away from customize (since I've never gotten it to work on 2.2 anyways...).

5. aleemaveli macrumors newbie

can i please have this file emailed to me also thank you.

6. kayla.15 macrumors newbie

7. Swagga3595 macrumors newbie

Can someone send meh the setting for the original vibrantion my email is houstone3595@gmail.com or txt it tew meh 832-202-4304

8. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

9. drummr macrumors regular

What on earth made you think that was a good idea...?