Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCStevens04

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
NC
I have a Lutron Caseta switch that I'd like to flash on & off weekdays at 7:30 a.m. to signal my son that it's time to get going. I can't figure out how to do more than toggle once through Home, Lutron app or IFTTT. Any ideas? I also have an Echo if that helps.

Bonus points would be to return the lights to the state they were before 7:30.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have a Lutron Caseta switch that I'd like to flash on & off weekdays at 7:30 a.m. to signal my son that it's time to get going. I can't figure out how to do more than toggle once through Home, Lutron app or IFTTT. Any ideas? I also have an Echo if that helps.

Bonus points would be to return the lights to the state they were before 7:30.
I'm not aware of anything that will let you do that specifically. Turn on one minute and off the next would be about as fast as the apps want to go. Maybe you connect a lamp module to an outlet and to that a strobe light or something. Turn it on for a minute and off the next. Its not the main light but it is a signal and its similar to what is done for hearing impaired notification doorbells.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
I'm unaware of any option to do that with Lutron. Whether it's an option or not, this is doable with Hue and I do this for my son in the mornings. Using IFTTT, I've got it set to blink when it's go time in the morning and to blink when I come home. It returns to whatever brightness/colour it was at before blinking too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.