How to flip?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joe rocket, Oct 25, 2009.

1. joe rocket macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    This is my first thread regarding my Ipod Touch 2gen 8GB. My ipod never had a flip screen when holding it to the horizontal. I've downloaded the 3.1.2 and i tought it would upgrade this feature in but still no tilting screen. Is it just me or else?
    Thanks,

JR

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I have a 2G 8GB touch running 2.2.1 and I have no problem with the flip screen; I use it for looking at photographs in landscape mode. Does yours flip with any applications or none? If none, I suspect a broken motion sensor.

3. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Try restoring it again :) I hope it works!

4. joe rocket thread starter macrumors newbie

i just did the restore thing. Doesnt flip. On youtube the video is landscape otherwise, its not:(

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Is your iPod still under warranty? If so, take it in to Apple. Go to an Apple store if there's one near you, or call up their customer support.

6. joe rocket thread starter macrumors newbie

The Ipod is gone to the factory..... 1 week to wait.

7. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

I think he means he can't get the SpringBoard (home screen) landscape, to which it isn't possible.

But I may be mistaken.

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

Never thought of that; I assumed he was talking about applications, but it just now dawned on me that not all applications will switch to landscape

9. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I"m assuming since he sent it off - that Apple was satisfied on the phone that it wasn't rotating like it should....

Mine has issues occasionally - like it's stuck. Safari did it last night in fact.

10. jake921660 macrumors regular

I had a few problems when using mine at the snow and while in the freezer room at work. Im guessing there is a scientific reason behind this. Can anyone explain it?

11. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Outside of the Environmental Requirements?

Attached Files:

12. joe rocket thread starter macrumors newbie

Since i bought it a month ago, i never saw the screen rotating. Not even after dowloading the update 3.1.2
    Over the phone Apple asked for a restore and it did nothing. So they send me the box to ship it back. Otherwise the ipod was great, i miss it now:(