How to Follow Tomorrow's Event

Discussion in 'iPad' started by James1292, Jan 26, 2010.

1. James1292 macrumors newbie

James1292

I have midterms right now and i have an ap physics exam starting at 1pm (i live in New Jersey) so i was wondering what is the best way for me to follow on my phone. Is there an app or a website other than macrumors that i could use? i cant you mac rumors because in my high schools science wing i dont have and cell service so i use the wifi but that blocks mac rumors. Any other websites doing the live feed on a webpage built for the iphone? thanks again guys! and happy tableting!

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

3. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

I have the same dilemma. I will be away from my computer with only my iPhone during the event. Any site you guys recommend? Will MacRumors be good enough for live coverage? Engadget maybe? That means I will just keep on refreshing my phone Safari browser, right?

4. nateharr macrumors 6502

I'm going to be at a funeral and busy as well. :/

It will be really awkward to try and check my iPhone...

Is there a way to get text messages instead of tweets so I get alerts instead of having to check Twitterific?

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Couldn't you set up your twitter account to send the tweets as text messages? I have that setup for some of the people I follow.

6. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

7. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

I usually use Engadget. Just personal preference.

8. nateharr macrumors 6502

I'd love that. But can I select certain accounts to be forwarded to my phone or will they all be sent as texts. That would get intrusive.

Also, I believe 9to5mac.com is doing a live feed and they may be attempting a video feed or text to speech from the Dragon Dictate application. (They're trying a new way to allow readers to experience the keynote live.)

I think it'd be awesome if they tried to stream it live from Qik and maybe text from Dragon Dictate as well.

Sadly, none of this will matter because I will get home to a computer long after the full keynote has been posted to apple.com

9. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes, you can. Just click on the mobile phone icon next to "following" on their twitter profile.

10. nateharr macrumors 6502

Awesome! Thanks!

11. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a