Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James1292

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
West Windsor, New Jersey
I have midterms right now and i have an ap physics exam starting at 1pm (i live in New Jersey) so i was wondering what is the best way for me to follow on my phone. Is there an app or a website other than macrumors that i could use? i cant you mac rumors because in my high schools science wing i dont have and cell service so i use the wifi but that blocks mac rumors. Any other websites doing the live feed on a webpage built for the iphone? thanks again guys! and happy tableting!

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
I have the same dilemma. I will be away from my computer with only my iPhone during the event. Any site you guys recommend? Will MacRumors be good enough for live coverage? Engadget maybe? That means I will just keep on refreshing my phone Safari browser, right?

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I'm going to be at a funeral and busy as well. :/

It will be really awkward to try and check my iPhone...

Is there a way to get text messages instead of tweets so I get alerts instead of having to check Twitterific?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I'm going to be at a funeral and busy as well. :/

It will be really awkward to try and check my iPhone...

Is there a way to get text messages instead of tweets so I get alerts instead of having to check Twitterific?

Couldn't you set up your twitter account to send the tweets as text messages? I have that setup for some of the people I follow.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Couldn't you set up your twitter account to send the tweets as text messages? I have that setup for some of the people I follow.

I'd love that. But can I select certain accounts to be forwarded to my phone or will they all be sent as texts. That would get intrusive.

Also, I believe 9to5mac.com is doing a live feed and they may be attempting a video feed or text to speech from the Dragon Dictate application. (They're trying a new way to allow readers to experience the keynote live.)

I think it'd be awesome if they tried to stream it live from Qik and maybe text from Dragon Dictate as well.

Sadly, none of this will matter because I will get home to a computer long after the full keynote has been posted to apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.