How to force Apple to lower (r)MBPs price?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sofianito, Aug 3, 2013.

1. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

As stated in the title ^^. I wonder if there is an effective way to push Apple to lower its prices???

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

No? You can't force them. That would require a boycott which would never happen. Most people already complain about the prices of Macs so their user base is mostly people who don't care about the cost.

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Maybe when they drop the cMBP. Otherwise, I think the rMBP is competitively priced right now. At least the 13-inch.

4. Ichabod. macrumors regular

Supply and demand.

If no one buys it the price will come down. Look how well that worked with Microsoft's iPad killer.

That being said...I imagine enough people will purchase the rMBP so the price will probably remain stead.

Shareholders also don't want Apple to become a 'cheap computer' company, so...lowering its products' quality and price will hopefully not happen.

5. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

What about using social networks to "conscious people" and initiate a boycott campaign???

6. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

IMO the rMBP's are that overpriced for the specs you actually get in the systems.

Even ultra thin Windows machines with similar specs aren't that far off the Mac prices that's before you add the price of the retina screen

7. josh995 macrumors member

I get why you think this could work.

But it's not going to. This would require an almost total boycott. That's just not going to happen.

Me personally, I don't find their products to be expensive, especially since they have always lasted me for years.

So I would not boycott Apple based on price. I don't think any Apple buyer would boycott Apple because they know Apples prices and they're willing to pay it.

I'm sorry but if you can't afford Apples prices, or if you don't like their prices, then you have 2 options.

1) Buy used
    2) Don't buy

I don't mean to sound rude but that's just the reality. A boycott isn't going to happen and their prices will remain where they are.

8. Memole macrumors member

just say to people to boycott it, nowadays is popular to make protests against apple and other big companies as they are using cheap labor to do overwork and without any payments :p

9. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

What about the issues and Foxconn poor manufacturing quality you get with the specs? IR, lag, overheating, expensive battery replacement... Now with Haswell release, it seems they will likely ditch the dGPU... Retina will likely become a standard in the next few months...

Apple prices would probably be fine if the machines were perfect...but in my opinion they are not. We can't just focus on design and aesthetics...

10. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

In an Apple Store? I suppose you could drop your knickers and threaten to crap all over the place. Might work.

YMMV.

11. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

Lol :D

----------

Why? It there were a possibility to pay less, wouldn't you try it? We are in an era where internet and social networks could join forces, target a common benefit, and reverse monopolies...

12. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

Waw, 560 views in one hour... I think we are joining forces... :D

13. josh995 macrumors member

If you want to try it, go ahead. If you are successful, I will thank you for lowering prices on Apple devices.

However, I'm not going to participate. I don't want Apple to lower their prices, because lowering prices means cutting corners, and using cheaper components.

You are free to try and start a movement, though. :)

14. B... macrumors 68000

B...

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Are you referring to the post above?:p

I'm sorry...I have no self control...:eek: :eek:

16. maxosx macrumors 68020

Apple = Premium prices. It's their business model.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I seriously doubt you'd succeed. Why would they bother lowering the price?

18. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

This is likely the group theory... and I look like the black sheep... :eek:

For instance, someone tries to definitely quit smoking, but you'll see everyone trying to offer him continously a cigarette... :D

19. B... macrumors 68000

B...

One of the funniest posts I've seen on MR. Well done. :)

20. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

Simply if there is no demand, the price would go down hopefully...

----------

What about the upcoming cheap plastic iPhone 5?... ;)

21. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Why don't you call up Tim Cook with your demands? I'm sure that'll work wonders. ;)

Apple needs to protect its margins. Unless there's a reason to lower the price of the rMBPs, they're not going to do it.

22. zipur macrumors 6502a

zipur

This will never work. All Apple needs to do is announce the release of Haswell.
    As with everything they announce; there will be a line outside the store two days before the official release. If you boycott Apple most people will not be able to resist the draw of a new Apple Device. Apple inaudible subliminal messaging is so finely tuned that... (See in your mind you thought ITunes right!).

http://youtu.be/TG9NI7PwLKU

23. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

Waw, the views counter has frozen (562) since then ^^, although several people have posted... :eek:

Is Apple hacking my thread?... :D

24. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Are you just having some fun here?

25. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

HAHA, the views counter just jumped to 858 views... Apple hackers released the lock... :D

----------

Can I modify this thread to add a poll?