How to force eject a faulty DVD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by feuerschlange, Jan 28, 2009.

1. feuerschlange macrumors regular

I have a early 2008 MBP.
    It rarely reads burned DVD (data, photo DVDs, movie DVDs), that my crappy old windows notebooks, and ALL gaming consoles, I tested, run smoothly well.

The real pain anyway, that drives me up the wall is, that there is no way, to interupt the reading attempts and eject the DVD! No way!

It just starts over and over and over, even after reboot.
    Rarely, it decides, to spit out the DVD, but there is no reliable way, to immediately force eject the DVD.

Do I have to open the MBP, to get the DVD out?:mad:

2. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Hold your trackpad button down while turning the computer on to force eject a DVD.

3. procreative macrumors newbie

4. CalumC macrumors regular

When it happen to me I restarted the mac while holding down the eject key, keeping it on a flat surface helps.

5. MacVixen macrumors 6502

I bought a MBP in November 2007 and have had nothing with problems with the CD/DVD drive. I finally took it into the shop and it seems to be some sort of logic board issue that is interfering with the drive. So they are hopefully gonna install the new logic board today, because being without my MBP for 3 days is driving me mad :p Anyhow, since you mentioned that you seem to have an ongoing issue... might you be having a logic board issue?