General How to force latest version of app that requires iOS 10 to install on iOS 9.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by max2, Nov 21, 2016.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Grab the ipa file (via iTunes), transfer to iDevice, and use IPA Installer's "Force Install" option

But now that I check, it has never been updated for iOS 9, so it may or may not work

Not sure if Filza's IPA installer has the option to override any firmware version checks

3. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thank you.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I had to reinstall an older version of an app once. This was back on the iOS 6 jailbreak.

iOS 7 released and the dev of this app updated but didn't bother mentioning in his description that he updated the app to iOS 7. At the time my iPhone 5 was on iOS 6 (jailbroken) so this broke the app.

After a few support go arounds where the dev ultimately stopped helping once he found out I was jailbroken I used iFile to zip the older version of the app on my 3GS, transferred it via Dropbox to my iPhone 5 and unizipped it inside the applications folder. Doing it that way kept the file permissions intact.

Restarting my phone made the app appear on the homescreen.

I emailed the dev after that to tell him he'd never get another dime from me (this app was an app I bought).

5. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

6. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

7. Tylerlikenone macrumors newbie

How do you get the iPa