How to force TigerBrew to update

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hack5190, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Hack5190 macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

Keeping the TigerBrew database updated is normally done with the command:

brew update

Due to changes I made to a formula - some things on my system got broken :oops:.

The internal diagnostic tool (brew doctor) was not able to identify or fix the issue.

Fear not - you can force an update of the TigerBrew database with these commands:

cd `brew --prefix`
    git remote add origin https://github.com/mistydemeo/tigerbrew
    git fetch origin
    git reset --hard origin/master

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Can you post more details about what is broken? What error messages are you getting?

3. Hack5190 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

The only thing broken was what I broke :rolleyes:. The recipe for the program I was trying to brew used an old version of code. So I edited the recipe to use the latest version. When finished I deleted the recipe thinking that brew update would download the original, it didn't. And there you have it @Intell

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That's a bit too vague. What exactly did you do. What did you edit, how did you edit it, what did you change in it?

5. Hack5190 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

Brew (and TigerBrew) have a directory with scripts that are used when downloading and compiling (aka: brewing) each of the 'add ons'. These files / scripts are called recipes. The recipe for the program I was trying to brew, dnscrypt, used a version behind the current version. I edited the recipie to download the current version (including editing the checksum). As I mentioned deleting the recipe and running brew update didn't replace the delete recipe.