How to Free Up Space

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jamiesmile321, Nov 3, 2017.

1. jamiesmile321 macrumors newbie

So I need to do some stuff, but realize there's not enough space on my iPhone. I hear that videos take up more space than photos, so I get rid of almost all of my videos, all of my iBooks, all of my podcasts, and still my storage doesn't budge. How can I get more storage?

2. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

When you delete pictures and videos, it doesn’t actually delete them. Just moves them to a deleted folder, which holds them for 30 days. If you want to permanently delete them, go to that folder and delete them there

3. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Another suggestion is the new "Auto Delete Old Conversations" feature, which removes all iMessages and attachments that are older than 1 year. This is an iOS 11 feature under Settings> General> iPhone Storage.

4. jemec macrumors newbie

Go to.itunes and choose a very long movie.. try to purchase it in the highest quality possible.. before even getting to a payment method you will see the little circle like doing something.. is freeing up space.. it worked when I had iPhone 6 16gb.. it freed me up like 1.5 gb.. is like cache on android..