How to fully reinstall Logic Studio 9?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thermodynamic, Feb 7, 2010.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Hello. I followed the process as described here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375

However, Logic Studio 9 install still wants to upgrade.

Which files and folders do I need to fully delete so I can do a full reinstall? (I wish Apple's installer allowed me to override 'upgrade' and 'skip' settings. :( )

Thank you much!

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

You need to delete all Apple Logic Studio applications (Logic Pro, Waveburner, Soundtrack Pro etc), and also possibly the preferences files mentioned. Also delete any "previous versions" of Logic you have floating around :)
    - Also, Im unsure where, but somewhere in ~/Library/ there will be some remnants to trash :)

3. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Thanks!

This is a real PitA... There must still be hidden files, even after finding and deleting the serial/registration file the thing still says "Upgrade" to some components and "Soundtrack pro" is STILL grayed out, despite the app not being there...

4. armag.info macrumors newbie

Guys, so, any luck? I've checked my mac throughout - I can't find any traces of Logic, but installer keeps saying 'Upgrade' and Soundtrack Pro is grayed out. Any choise except reinstalling OS?

5. armag.info macrumors newbie

Halleluya!

Bros, I've found it. In 10.6 they move receipts from /Library/Receipts to /var/db/receipts. So, remove all files interconnected with Logic and reinstall it freely.