How to get 3.0 on ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cky923, Mar 19, 2009.

1. cky923 macrumors member

does anyone think that someone will leak the firmware and make it available for download???
    thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh, NO?! IT. CAN'T. WORK. Unless you are a registered developer.

3. cky923 thread starter macrumors member

But 2.0 was leaked earlier than it was supposed to be released, i think?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, and 3.0 can't work unless you're registered. A lot of morons have found that out already. :p

Just wait three months like the rest of us who aren't doing iPhone development.

5. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Despite if it's possible or not, do you remember the torrent of iWork 09? and how it had a trojan? We really don't want to be here trying to help you get a trojan off your computer because you were being impatient and really wanted to get an unstable OS on your iPod Touch. If you really want, jailbreak 2.2.1, you can then add background tasks, copy and paste, and a lot more.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Hey, it is VERY possible to do this, just download the 3.0 beta from your favorite place (i have 3.0 7A328j), then plug in your ipod touch to your computer.
    DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET
    restore to 3.0, and voila, working 3.0. Make shure that every time after you keep itunes from accesing the internet when its running

Il post up a screenshot when i get home
    and i am NOT a developer. but i will say copy and paste in f-i-n-e!

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the above does work, I briefly had 3.0 on my 1g iPod I had disconnected from the net before restoring to 3.0 and it does work so Tallest Skil before you comment atleast try out before commenting on what you obviously don't know.

being a 1g user the only additions I could say I benefited from was the landscape keyboard on a fair few apps and the copy and paste but it was nto enough to want to keep my 1g on 3.0

8. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Stick to Mac Pro threads. Many, many people, including myself have gotten it to work. And I'm not a developer ;)

9. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

PMB,
    can you please po a link to the site that you downloaded the 3.0 software?

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's technically stealing... since you have to pay a "fee" in order to access it and you aren't. Why not just wait?

11. johnsmith1012 macrumors newbie

ipod touch 1g dead

This is a sad day... I was one of the mentioned morons who went for 3.0, quickly finding it was not going to work but inly for a few moments...

my iPod Touch 1Generation is now rendered useless. I can't restore, no matter whether you use itunes, or if you just choose a different firmware than itunes. It doesn't work. Apple says its usb issues, but after all of there recomendations nothing changed.

I've tried everything from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1.. and nothing.. i'm screwed.. i beg of anyone who knows why it wont restore now. I've searched, and searched, and searched, and searched.. and so on... everything thread in every forum says just use itunes restore, obviously that doesn't work.

tried uninstalling itunes, then reinstalling didnt work.. tried deleting fW to force redownload, didnt work. done all of these steps multiple times on both xp and os x 5.5...

any help would be wonderful, and if you reply just to say do more research or any of that bs, just save it. i've done enough research to justify going down the road in a very fast vehicle and releasing the touch into any concrete wall i see.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

13. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Sorry, that is aginst forum rules, and therefore, i cannot, but google search for it, you will find a way soon enough

Yep. SAME thing happened. i am very happy i got apple care, they had to replace my ipod. there is no way to fix that that i know of.

14. gibbz macrumors 68030

As a paid developer, I am getting fed up with these crap threads about "How do I put the Beta 3.0 onto my iPhone/iPod Touch?" Want an answer? Pay the $99 like an adult.

It is illegal and is stealing. It is NOT ok to have your device added to a developer's list of devices, especially if he/she registered as an individual. Both the developer and thief are in violation in this case. Likewise, it is NOT ok to download the OS from some arbitrary location.

It is morons like this who will end up causing Apple to rethink its relationship with developers. And for what? So that somebody can say, "Look I have 3.0", then b**ch later about how it is buggy and/or bricked their phone.

15. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Woah, take a chill pill. Those who download illegaly (yes, this does include me) do it, becouse they dont/cant be a part of the dev team, if i had a mac i would pay the $99 and be a part, and for those who will never code, what is the point of paying $99 for sompthing they will never use?

and those who have good intrests in mind wont complain about the buggy code, its a beta and bugs are expected, howeve i agree with you and the novice users that whine and moan about the bugs and that the beta isnt perfect

16. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

so it's illegal for a developer to register a device personally that is not their own? If I was a developer I would register a couple of device of my friends load them up with the 3.0 and use them as testers for programs/games for the 3.0 firmware to check compatibility and bugs...... so I guess in your eyes thats wrong and illegal? surely it's upto the developer if they want to add devices then they are allowed as apple give the option.